Symbols, symbol papers and symbolic connections in Sandplay Therapy
Deborah Bedford-Strohm, ISST Teaching Member and Heather Lesley-Swan, ISST Certified Sandplay Therapist, will present a focused seminar/workshop program on Monday 1st December, 2014 at Relationship Enhancement Institute. This program will be useful for all in-depth Sandplay Therapists and essential for ISST candidates who want to progress their Certification process.
Experiential work will include either a symbol already chosen for focus by the participant, or alternately, a symbol (miniature) selected from many available at the venue.
Participants will learn how to approach and write symbol papers:
- Exploration of symbolic meaning: selection and amplification of a symbol
- Fundamentals of Analytical Psychology, including structure of the personality, the role of symbol and archetype in individual growth
- Strategies for research, making meaning, and writing up
Participants will gain or build upon their ability to use symbolic nature and elements of the therapeutic process in service of their clients’ healing and growth
- Transference and counter-transference in therapy
- Clinical techniques to handle client and/or therapist ‘blind-spots’ in therapy
Class is FULL